HOGE.NATION

Join the community. Join the movement.

REGISTER

A Few Ideas....

To follow up on my post last night I wanted to share a few ideas....

Idea #1: HOGE Incubator/Accelerator Program
To me this seems like one of the best ways to rewrite the HOGE narrative. So many times I've heard HOGE being described as a "Sandbox"...however we are so much more than that. If we keep calling HOGE a sandbox, it will be treated as such.

We are an open-source brand...In order to embrace that I think we should make it more inclusive and engaging to with the community via a HOGE Incubator Program. While I know we say that "we are all devs" only a handful of us really have the access/resources/power to achieve their vision and project with HOGE. We could start small and allow community members to submit their ideas and then open it up for voting on which projects should be accepted into the program. Voting could be via reddit/hoge nation/twitter/telegram/etc but by giving the community access and control in some capacity outside of the larger scope and active projects would be incredible. Then we can help dedicate a pre-determined amount of resources and ensure the project fits guidelines on how it will play a role in the HOGE ecosystem.

Again, I don't think we have to overthink this one and can focus on the guidelines, submission requirements and easy voting. If people want to go out and do something on their own as well like adding coins to the HOGE ecosystem, I love that as well, but think the incubator should be HOGE specific.

Idea #2: Community Marketing/Engagement
This is probably the biggest task to tackle, but it is also the one if done right will be the most beneficial. We need to make sure all our communities are on the same page and feel engaged, when we are fragmented and disconnected, it creates misinformation and FUD to be spread. Whatever is being shared in Telegram, it is critical we share that same information in discord, twitter, reddit, etc to ensure we're all on the same page.

We also need to have our mods on certain platforms reinforce this. When things get out of hand or there's toxic community members, resolve it and take care of the situation right away. If anyone has ever read the book "The Goal" you should know that we can only move as fast as our weakest link (referred to as Herbie in the book). Let's put Herbie at the front of the pack and keep them moving and up to speed with everything that is going on. We need to realign the fragmentation and make sure the community is informed with the correct information.

The community is our #1 Utility. The more engaged and active we are the better support and results we will see from all of the active projects being worked on. Same goes for marketing...a marketing agency will help provide the sexiest messaging/visuals/campaign's we'll ever see, but if our community is fragmented and not aligned that will only backfire. The goal of marketing is to grow our audience and if we're launching a campaign with the best marketing agency in the world - that does nothing. When new or perspective holders pop in reddit or discord to get more information on HOGE and they see FUD and arguing they are leaving ASAP. Same goes for current holders...if all we see is fud and negativity it becomes a burden to stay.

Idea #3: Building the team and making connections
It's clear that the core team (you know who you are) have put so much time and effort into this project. It's also clear that we can't rely on this team for everything and nor should we have to. We need to help grow and build our community to attract other talented people that want to help HOGE. Whether that is support on development or community management...I know just from being active with some other great projects - people want to help and be involved. Bringing it back to community...this is where we need the help the most. We all want to see the projects our team is working on the be successful. The stronger and bigger our community...the more successful ALL of our projects will be. When HOGE wins, we all win.

Conclusion:
There's a common theme I keep hitting at and that is community. The HOGE team made a strategic move to focus on utility for the long term survival of the HOGE and we need to start building our foundation back up again. There's some easy and quick wins we can do to achieve this and I'm happy to help provide input or guidance as needed along the way. If we need to get more specific, I'm happy to chime in there as well. I'm working on a number of different things for HOGE at the moment and there's more to come...

Seeing Hogeman's Ecosystem proposal now...I think a lot of what I said applies both tactically and strategically. However, this also hits home on the fragmentation aspects. We all use different mediums throughout our day to day and need to be aligned on every platform. It was good to see we're putting a renewed focus on the community to provide hogeman, jrocko, mesh and everyone else more time on their own life as well as the projects they are working on. We just need to figure out how to do it right in a way that is sustainable.

idk man but whatever it is, i'm still holding my hoge from day 1 :)
psst pstt i sell some in peak after whitebit listing kek.. still holding 70% of it

Top Bottom