HOGE.NATION

Join the community. Join the movement.

REGISTER

EverOwn - Smart Contract

Should HOGE add it’s smart contract into the EverOwn Contract holder?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jrocko3

DEV
MARKETING
MOD
BIZ
One of our community members has facilitated a deal to allow HOGE to place its smart contract (currently in a Multisig with Wiser, Hogeman, and myself) in EverOwn’s community contract locker. This would mean anytime it came to removing distribution from a wallet. The community would have to vote on it first. If approved that action could then be taken.

Regardless of the outcome, I think we should think very carefully about excluding any additional accounts given the gas consequences. It may be better to let the tokens that would be redistributed to those accounts be burned and/or windfall for those holders.

I'd also suggest that we try to find a dev who is able to tell us the exact consequences of reincluding certain accounts into the redistribution, as it would create gas savings on every transfer. I am aware there is a bug with reinclusion, and that's why we need to investigate the consequences before taking any action, but we should still explore the possibility.

I would also suggest that we move toward using Snapshot for future votes like this. A lot of holders who might otherwise vote do not have Nation accounts or care to make one, whereas anyone with a wallet can connect to Snapshot to verify themselves and vote. Snapshot offers flexibility in terms of how votes are counted.

I don't think we should relinquish contract ownership to a third-party outside the community. I would support it if everown actually decentralized power and enforced trustless transactions based on the results of a community vote but this is not the case.

All the rhetoric about everown giving control to the community is very confusing to me because everown for hoge would centralize ownership from multiple people in the community on a multisig to one everown dev owning the contract. Am I missing something?

Definitely need more info on this before we put it to a simple poll like that. Also think it’s way to early in Hoges life to take it out of the hands of the community that saved it in the first place. Let us see what real volume does to the burn after we get this top five listing figured out.

Obviously, no one on Twitter checks this Nation, and they're voting 87% yes to 13% no. I personally think it's too early, and if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm OG with HOGE. I was here watching the DEV TEAM get started, and EARNED MY TRUST. Do the people voting even know what EverOwn is or does?? Or are they just voting to say they voted and went back to cat videos on Instagram? Just asking for a friend.

Top Bottom