HOGE.NATION

Join the community. Join the movement.

REGISTER

Top5 Fundraising "donation train" effort

Dear Hoge Association team: I noticed this fine evening that Hoge twitter is active with a new effort to inspire fundraising: I may not be the only one that's noticed that "donation trains" have been very ineffective in the past. In this case there is no way for the 49 other people to commit to a donation in a meaningful way. Thankfully Hoge is a DeFi token in the year 2021, so the Hoge Association could deploy a simple crowdsale contract allowing people to put their money where their mouths are. Here's a quick example from Google:
If we want to be DeFi leaders then these are the solutions that we should be reaching for. Thanks for your attention.

Hogeman-CORE

Staff member
DEV
MARKETING
MOD
I've reviewed the contract, it's simple enough. From the tech end there are no hurdles, and I can get this deployed as quickly as you like. The beneficiary of the crowdsale can either be the current donation fund, or a separate multisig depending on the outcome of your other post Re: CEX funding in general.

For the further management of the campaign regarding marketing, announcements, content creation & engagement I would have to rely on others.

How can we make the secondary token more interesting than a plain ERC20?

Thanks for putting your eyes on this Dr. Hogeman.
I don't think a secondary token is critical for this idea - We will donate in ETH, and release the funds back in ETH if the target is not reached in (say) a week. This is just a much nicer 'law of code' way to approach the donation train idea.
We should discuss the possibility of a 2nd token for staking in the other thread.

Dear Hoge Association team: I noticed this fine evening that Hoge twitter is active with a new effort to inspire fundraising: I may not be the only one that's noticed that "donation trains" have been very ineffective in the past. In this case there is no way for the 49 other people to commit to a donation in a meaningful way. Thankfully Hoge is a DeFi token in the year 2021, so the Hoge Association could deploy a simple crowdsale contract allowing people to put their money where their mouths are. Here's a quick example from Google:
If we want to be DeFi leaders then these are the solutions that we should be reaching for. Thanks for your attention.
I like this idea! I see the good doctors stamp of approval. I’m ready to make my donation-standing by for more info.

Can someone explain what that is? if it gets the top 5 exchange then i'm happy

I think a simple web interface is important for this one so it's not just accesible to the wiz kids:
  1. Donation via metamask
  2. Progress bar
  3. Time-locked Withdrawal button in case of failure

Can someone explain what that is? if it gets the top 5 exchange then i'm happy
My understanding is that it's a contract that has a target amount, a duration, and a recipient wallet, and people send funds to the contract.

If the target amount is not reached by the end of the duration, the funds held in the contract can be withdrawn by the senders.
If the target amount IS reached within the duration, then the contract sends the funds to the recipient wallet.

For example, use a target amount of $200k, a duration of 1 month, and the donation wallet as the recipient wallet. If $200k is sent to the contract within 1 month, then the $200k would be sent to the donation wallet. If at the end of 1 month it has less than $200k, the people who contributed to the contract could take their funds back

Hogeman-CORE

Staff member
DEV
MARKETING
MOD
Message me on a more active channel (telegram/discord) and I'll deploy it. You should be ready to push awareness on the active channels. This will be good for getting ETH to sell into USDT for the listing, so we don't have to sell the Hoge.

I am Rileous#2415 on Discord - could not add you. I think this is a great time to make the push.

Top Bottom