HOGE.NATION

Join the community. Join the movement.

REGISTER

Proposal to redirect CeX efforts

I'd like to propose that efforts to list on Centralized exchanges be abandoned, and funds repurposed to embrace the DeFi movement and pay Hoge developers to innovate in that space. The focus on exchange listings ignores Hoge's full potential as a compositional building block. It also ignores the shifting cultural tide during this crypto bull-run. Why spend $530k on something that is already halfway obsolete?
Here are a few goals that are attainable with current technology and could improve our immediate situation:

• Fork the Uniswap web interface to calculate slippage correctly for Hoge buyers. The 0xde74395831f3ba9edc7cbee1fcb441cf24c0af4d wallet alone, the most active accumulator in the last months was repeatedly and mercilessly drained on every purchase, leaking several ETH out of the HOGE pool. Hoge buyers have lost tens of thousands of dollars to front-running that could be prevented with 1 extra line of Javascript in Uniswap's front-end code.
  • Incentivize community LP with a co-farming program. Participants provide ETH that gets paired with HOGE from the donation wallet and held for a fixed period of time (1 year +). Profits are shared between Hoge association and the participant. Maybe throw in an NFT just for fun. (This one has my vote)
  • Further incentivize LP by introducing a secondary, non-deflationary token that prints for LP farmers. Encourage its usage as a "reputation" or "tipping" coin, doled out for quality memes and shilling.
  • Group-buy contract: This would be a fun way to collectively increase HOGE holdings and pump the price without worrying about game-theoretical ordering problems. Participants send ETH to a contract that fills a progress bar to ~3 ETH (or whatever the optimal buy size is at the time). Once it fills, the Uniswap purchase is executed and the HOGE is distributed evenly so that everyone receives the average fill price.

I see efforts like this as far more essential to the Hoge project if we want to be worthy of the 'Doge but Defi' tagline.

EDIT: In anticipation of the typical "grab a shovel" response, though I'm a professional software engineer working in military integration and data architecture, I have no interest in leaving or doxxing that career. However I would be happy to privately verify my credentials and provide consultation to developers at standard rates (gladly accepted in HOGE).

Last edited:
Point 2 is quite interesting --- for this to be better than simply buying & staking, there would be need to be some kind of bonus incentive for participants. Did you have something in mind? Like a 20% bonus or something?

I have something related to point 3 on my backburner, but who knows if/when it will see the light of day.

Point 2 is quite interesting --- for this to be better than simply buying & staking, there would be need to be some kind of bonus incentive for participants. Did you have something in mind? Like a 20% bonus or something?

I have something related to point 3 on my backburner, but who knows if/when it will see the light of day.
Thank you for considering. For the co-farming program, the draw for the participant is that it's "as good as" buying and staking, but the liquidity is matched so is twice as effective at stabilizing the price of HOGE.
If the Hoge Association was willing to take reduced/no profit then it could be even juicier as the participant gets up to double the true APY.

Hogeman-CORE

Staff member
DEV
MARKETING
MOD
There are 4 or 5 solidity devs around the community working on projects that I've seen personally. It has been the result of individuals training themselves and sharing knowledge. I'm actually super excited for this, considering the community started with zero defi & solidity programming experience.

A couple of us are entering https://hack.ethglobal.com/unicode to represent Hoge.

I still think the co-farming effort would be a great way to seed (say) the HOGE-DAI pool with $1m+ of long-term community-held liquidity. I hope this idea is considered if the exchange negotiations fall through, and in lieu of any other expensive CeX listings.

Top Bottom