HOGE.NATION

Join the community. Join the movement.

REGISTER

Gallant Token x Hoge Gaming Chess Tournament

Hello Everyone,

Remember, remember the 5th of November 7 PM Eastern time.
Gallant x Hoge Gaming 1st chess tournament.

-$150 price pool
-Participation NFT trophy to commemorate the event for everyone who plays it out.

The prize money is provided by Gallant Token and the Hoge Gaming Community is helping to attract as many people as possible. We have Gallant x Hoge NFT Participation Trophies too so if you're a beginner dont be afraid to play! We want everyone to have something to remember this day by.

To make things really exciting we will give players the option to berserk. Whenever a player berserks they will lose half their time but if they win they will get an extra point. It's a very risky thing but it could be well worth it!

https://t.me/GallantTokenOfficial
https://discord.gg/hoge

Join the Gallant Telegram to get the link to the tournament & the latest updates.
I hope to see you all there on the 5th of November!

We would like to estimate beforehand on how many people we can count so please let us know,

Time control: 20+0 , berserk= 10+0, Total tournament time: 90-120 minutes.

'A Swiss tournament is similar to a Round-Robin tournament in that no players are eliminated. Every player will play every round, and the player with the highest number of points at the end of the tournament is the winner.'

'In a Swiss tournament, however, you don't necessarily play every other player. If there are a lot of players in the tournament, there may not be enough rounds for everyone to play everyone.'

Last edited:
I had mentioned trying to do a collab with Hikaru Nakamura a few months ago as he is very into the meme culture and a chess legend. He also has his own streaming channels already with a good amount of followers. Wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get him involved. Maybe Gotham Chess or Botez sisters. I play but am not the greatest. Around 1300 on rapid and 1080 on blitz. I love the idea of a Tourney though. We could even split the profit for charity to help spread the buzz.

chess ftw, checkers sucks ass (change my mind)
I played both, as a child i loved checkers. As an adult i prefer how strategic chess is. Checkers is still fun to play though but mostly against kids as it's a bit easier for them to grasp than chess. I loved beating adults at checkers too!

I had mentioned trying to do a collab with Hikaru Nakamura a few months ago as he is very into the meme culture and a chess legend. He also has his own streaming channels already with a good amount of followers. Wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get him involved. Maybe Gotham Chess or Botez sisters. I play but am not the greatest. Around 1300 on rapid and 1080 on blitz. I love the idea of a Tourney though. We could even split the profit for charity to help spread the buzz.
Yeah man! totally! I had the same idea and I actually managed to get IMEricRosen interested in future events! :D Charity options are being looked in too now. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the 1st tournament :)

Attachments

• index312312.jpg
    index312312.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
Top Bottom