HOGE.NATION

Join the community. Join the movement.

REGISTER

Top5 Exchange Fundraising

The Hoge community - a horde of wage slaves and public servants - has brought together over $115,000 of liquid assets in the donation wallet. Furthermore the team has stated that a large portion of the $530,000 in liquidity is recoverable (likely with large gains coming from the exchange hype). Therefore our well-connected and business-savvy core team should have no problem striking a deal with a whale or a venture capitalist to obtain the rest of the funding in a mutually profitable deal. At this point with the risk/reward profile and ownership structure, the onus is on the Hoge team to finish out the fundraising effort, as they stand to receive the largest gains and ownership..

#NoMoreDonations #GetTheListing

While it may not be your intention there are a lot of disturbing things about your post. Hoge is a community effort, the onus is on every not a set group of people in the community. There os no Hoge team. Everybody in the community is a team member. Like I said, while it may not be deliberate, there are a lot of disturbing things about it.

While it may not be your intention there are a lot of disturbing things about your post. Hoge is a community effort, the onus is on every not a set group of people in the community. There os no Hoge team. Everybody in the community is a team member. Like I said, while it may not be deliberate, there are a lot of disturbing things about it.
I think I see what you're saying, but I find your logic disturbing. There *is* a specific set of people who own the keys to the $115,000 donation wallet, and who will own whatever portion of the $530k listing fee is recoverable. It is not a community wallet - it is indeed a set group of people in custody of enough money to buy a house or two. So I believe those individuals should take ownership of this particular effort. Thank you for your time.

I think I see what you're saying, but I find your logic disturbing. There *is* a specific set of people who own the keys to the $115,000 donation wallet, and who will own whatever portion of the $530k listing fee is recoverable. It is not a community wallet - it is indeed a set group of people in custody of enough money to buy a house or two. So I believe those individuals should take ownership of this particular effort. Thank you for your time.
They are the custodians of the lock to it, they do not own whatever portion that has currently been donated. This is why the amount in there is available for everybody in the community and beyound to see. Why? Because it belongs to the community and it can be tracked by everybody to see where their money is. Further more there is no way to contact a whale unless they make their info available. How do you propose it sjould be done? Thirdly, I may be wrong but if a venture capilist becomes involved, there may be implications with the SEC. I am not a 100% sure about this but I will assume so. Right now Hoge is a commodity backed by a community and has to be treated as such. Lastly, the efforts of a group of community members may be stronger than one said whale. If a whale is bigger and can help, they know what is going on, they are not obligated to do so, which they shouldn't feel they should be, if they willingly do so, great but if not then we as a community as a whole have to do so.

They are the custodians of the lock to it, they do not own whatever portion that has currently been donated. This is why the amount in there is available for everybody in the community and beyound to see. Why? Because it belongs to the community and it can be tracked by everybody to see where their money is. Further more there is no way to contact a whale unless they make their info available. How do you propose it sjould be done? Thirdly, I may be wrong but if a venture capilist becomes involved, there may be implications with the SEC. I am not a 100% sure about this but I will assume so. Right now Hoge is a commodity backed by a community and has to be treated as such. Lastly, the efforts of a group of community members may be stronger than one said whale. If a whale is bigger and can help, they know what is going on, they are not obligated to do so, which they shouldn't feel they should be, if they willingly do so, great but if not then we as a community as a whole have to do so.
There is a lot to unpack here. The wallet balance is available for everyone to see due to the nature of blockchain as a public ledger. I propose that leadership (by which I mean the owners of the private keys) seek out capital, leveraging 1) the existing collateral 2) the profitable position as a liquidity provider on the top5 exchange. When the amount is recoverable, but not for the community that raised it, then it is worth re-evaluating the risks and incentives. I don't think this is a controversial position, and I would like to hear the opinions of the people who are making the decisions and taking custody of the donated funds.

Hogeman-CORE

Staff member
DEV
MARKETING
MOD
The funds are held at the behest of the community for one purpose, paying for a top 5 exchange listing. In most public funding cases, funds must both be 1) raised and 2) allocated. Generally, at the start of the campaign the group would either implicitly or explicitly delineate how the funds are to be allocated if the goal is NOT met. In this case, we can see that the goal is not being reached. The funds are then held indefinitely or until the community can agree on another use. We have talked about using a staking contract to allow refund via unstaking for these donation drives, but unfortunately the idea & execution of the fundraiser was rushed and it has actually generated a lot of difficulty within other teams' operations.

There is no burden of completion to be shifted here, nor any additional responsibility to attach to the business team. They have more connections than the average donator yes, and have tried their best to find outside funding sources. Those efforts have not been successful. The truth is after 10 or more conversations with private investors and/or venture capital firms, NONE of them are willing to put money into Hoge with a cooperative agreement in place. A subset of options presented were:
1) Buy HOGE LP, pump your bags, we will help
2) Buy HOGE & use business connections to help exchange talks
3) We give you HOGE for business connections & exchange talks
4) Some sort of trade with advertising, awareness, and exposure of the community to VC other products
5) We'll build a team to execute on your idea, while you invest in HOGE
6) Donate to Hoge Association for tax write off
etc etc.

We are sorry that this did not go as expected, as the traditional investing world still is not willing to partner with a community at large. Honestly, given the nature of suspicion and discourse in the Hoge general chats, I can easily understand why. I didn't come to cast blame, but merely state the nature of things. The business team has no more tricks up their sleeves, and have given you 8 months of their lives. They are not rich. They are fully invested in this project and the reason why past fundraisers WERE successful, either through effort or direct contribution.

If you Rileous, or another group of holders wants to be stewards of the fund, simply step up and we will go through the normal measures of having your identity public and knowable as a safeguard against simply stealing the funds. Then the multisig can be transferred to you and/or a set of others.

On a lighter note, the Virtual Pangea project gracefully solves this problem by allowing for more traditional investment with revenue to be kicked back to Hoge in some form or other, details are also on Hoge Nation.

The funds are held at the behest of the community for one purpose, paying for a top 5 exchange listing. In most public funding cases, funds must both be 1) raised and 2) allocated. Generally, at the start of the campaign the group would either implicitly or explicitly delineate how the funds are to be allocated if the goal is NOT met. In this case, we can see that the goal is not being reached. The funds are then held indefinitely or until the community can agree on another use. We have talked about using a staking contract to allow refund via unstaking for these donation drives, but unfortunately the idea & execution of the fundraiser was rushed and it has actually generated a lot of difficulty within other teams' operations.

There is no burden of completion to be shifted here, nor any additional responsibility to attach to the business team. They have more connections than the average donator yes, and have tried their best to find outside funding sources. Those efforts have not been successful. The truth is after 10 or more conversations with private investors and/or venture capital firms, NONE of them are willing to put money into Hoge with a cooperative agreement in place. A subset of options presented were:
4) Some sort of trade with advertising, awareness, and exposure of the community to VC other products
etc etc.

We are sorry that this did not go as expected, as the traditional investing world still is not willing to partner with a community at large. Honestly, given the nature of suspicion and discourse in the Hoge general chats, I can easily understand why. I didn't come to cast blame, but merely state the nature of things. The business team has no more tricks up their sleeves, and have given you 8 months of their lives. They are not rich. They are fully invested in this project and the reason why past fundraisers WERE successful, either through effort or direct contribution.

If you Rileous, or another group of holders wants to be stewards of the fund, simply step up and we will go through the normal measures of having your identity public and knowable as a safeguard against simply stealing the funds. Then the multisig can be transferred to you and/or a set of others.

On a lighter note, the Virtual Pangea project gracefully solves this problem by allowing for more traditional investment with revenue to be kicked back to Hoge in some form or other, details are also on Hoge Nation.
I think this was the type of answer he/we were wondering. In my mind I thought this would be an easy task in getting someone to see the potential and how much they stand to make by helping us get listed but I see now it is harder then it seems. ….ANYONE HAVE A RICH UNCLE LOOKING TO MAKE A COUPLE HUNDRED GRAND?!!!

Saintc

DEV
MOD

etc etc.

100% agree. This is way development of Hoge DAO is necessary. Having one community governance body will help with this type of maters.
For example the DAO can trade collateral (Hoge) and get rangers tokens ( stable coins) via UMA protocol against the collateral. To do this, you need to be seen a as responsible DAO and a trusted partner.

VP will donate funds to the DAO development start from this month.

mumu

DEV
Why not mint 400 'Exchange Drive' NFTs, sell them for $1000 each, then buy them back later for some % when the funds are recuperated?

Exactly. I would probably buy 5. @reconlion Is working on some awesome NFT stuff right now so this could be a very real possibility.

I want to preface this by saying that I am still extremely bullish on HOGE. I haven’t sold any of my bag, nor do I plan to anytime soon.

However, it’s a little disappointing not to see more effort put into the Top-5 exchange. I know there’s a ton of exciting and active projects being built and by no means am I trying to downplay the effort, but it’s also abundantly clear that this is something the community at whole wants to see, a legitimate Top-5 exchange. There’s been a number of ideas thrown around with NFT’s, Smart-Contracts, Wheel of Wonder, etc…but there hasn’t been a huge push yet. I mean let’s face it…when we were fundraising for legal fees or gate, it was easy as we were running and had, energy, excitement, momentum, etc. It’s a lot to ask to ask when the majority of the community is down in there investment.

So I’m curious - What is the plan? How do we tackle this roadblock? How do make sure this is still a priority? What’s the timeline? How do we capitalize this leg of the bull run? It’s obvious that this is what the greater HOGE community wants to see more than anything and can perhaps have the greatest impact as well if we’ve learned anything from SHIB. Yet, it feels like the exchange and partially the HOGE community as well are being ignored even though this is what the greater HOGE community wants to see. Not to mention this is something that this is the type of stuff that will drive a wave of new holders.

Again, I’m still extremely bullish on HOGE and love the active projects underway, but how are we going to make this happen.

Last edited:
I want to preface this by saying that I am still extremely bullish on HOGE. I haven’t sold any of my bag, nor do I plan to anytime soon.

However, it’s a little disappointing not to see more effort put into the Top-5 exchange. I know there’s a ton of exciting and active projects being built and by no means am I trying to downplay the effort, but it’s also abundantly clear that this is something the community at whole wants to see, a legitimate Top-5 exchange. There’s been a number of ideas thrown around with NFT’s, Smart-Contracts, Wheel of Wonder, etc…but there hasn’t been a huge push yet. I mean let’s face it…when we were fundraising for legal fees or gate, it was easy as we were running and had, energy, excitement, momentum, etc. It’s a lot to ask to ask when the majority of the community is down in there investment.

So I’m curious - What is the plan? How do we tackle this roadblock? How do make sure this is still a priority? What’s the timeline? How do we capitalize this leg of the bull run? It’s obvious that this is what the greater HOGE community wants to see more than anything and can perhaps have the greatest impact as well if we’ve learned anything from SHIB. Yet, it feels like the exchange and partially the HOGE community as well are being ignored even though this is what the greater HOGE community wants to see. Not to mention this is something that this is the type of stuff that will drive a wave of new holders.

Again, I’m still extremely bullish on HOGE and love the active projects underway, but how are we going to make this happen.
In case you missed it in the AMA or Telegram chatter, Joe Rocko is working with nine (9) people on an idea to raise not only the $400k for the exchange, but a total of $900k without any further financial contributions from the community. Hoge is Saved and we are all waiting rapturously for the sweet sound of details. Please don't be another NFT integrated vaporware video game.

Hogeman-CORE

Staff member
DEV
MARKETING
MOD

More effort? Read my earlier post and know that any individual or group of community members can raise money in their own way. The burden is not on business development or ANY individuals to stop their lives and donate more effort to the top 5 exchange.

The general guideline is to Lead by Example and stop demanding of others.

If I have failed in any way it is because my best was not good enough. Not because I didn't consider your cause important.

Looking back at my post, I should’ve have put a stronger emphasis on everything else that the HOGE team is doing and have accomplished. It goes without saying that the core team is truly remarkable in everything that you have done up until this point. I honestly wish I could contribute more . . . I live and breath enterprise sales and partnerships if there’s ever an opportunity for biz dev support let me know and I’d love to help.

I can speak for myself and a few other close friends with larger bags…we don’t plan on selling anytime soon, but we do have a plan to donate more at certain price levels to keep funding HOGE. We know the potential, have confidence in the team, love most of the community and love seeing all the projects being developed.

My original post was more referencing the opportunity and potential of a top-5 exchange brings at this time being on the brink of the 2nd leg of a bull run. Personally, I wasn’t’ seeing as much hype or creative fundraising ideas for the value it could bring and what it would mean for HOGE being on a legitimate exchange. They say timing is everything, and a day or two after my post JRocko announced the fundraising project, which is incredible and can’t wait to learn more about it.

To sum it up, I couldn’t feel better with where things are at now and trust the team will push though. You all are incredible and by no means was I trying to say anything other than, I know the community is excited to feel the legitimacy of a big exchange and am super happy to see the new since.

You can’t name another project team with better character than HOGE. We’re truly here to make things better and that’s why I’m still around.

TLDR: I should’ve been more clear. I love HOGE and the team. Love the progress so far. Keep doing what you’re doing and I know we’ll get there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom